Handheld Learning 2008, the world’s premiere conference on mobile learning, is on for Oct. 13-15 in London! The conference website went live yesterday, and how!! Even though I’m on the advisory team for the conference, Graham Brown-Martin told me he had a few surprises in store. And did he! Check out the list of confirmed speakers:
- Andrew Pinder, Chairman of Becta
- Steven Berlin Johnson, Cultural critic & writer
- danah boyd, Social media scientist
- John Seely Brown, Radical innovator & former Chief Scientist of Xerox Corp
- Professor Stephen Heppell, Learning visionary
- Keri Facer, Research Director, Futurelab
- Dr David Cavello, Chief Learning Architect, MIT OLPC project
- Professor Mike Sharples, Director of LSRI
The provisional program isn’t bad either, and can be found here. I’m already looking forward to the conference and I hope you are too (At least some of you are, the first registration came in within 10 minutes of the conference site going live). This one is very highly recommended, but make sure to register by July 31 to receive your FREE Nintendo DS!!
Also don’t forget that Handheld Learning 2008 follows right on the heels of mLearn 2008 in Shropshire, making it very easy (and tempting) to attend both.
Image Credit: www.handheldlearning2008.com